AThe surgery is now taking booking for seasonal flu. If you:
- Are 65 or over (born on or before 31 March 1956)
- Are under 65 and have a long term condition that intitles you to an NHS flu jab
- Have a child 2-3 years old (born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2018)
- Are a carer
Please call the surgery after 2pm Monday - Friday to book your appointment.
Please note, we are not taking bookings for any extended flu vaccination age groups (50 - 64 with no long term conditons). These people will be invited later on in the year when more vaccine is made avaialble.
From the 2nd September, patients will be able to use E-consult through this website. E-consult can be accessed through the banner on the home page. It can be used for a variety of things including:
- Find self help advice for minor problems
- requesting a non urgent consultation for your self or a family member registered at the surgery
- providing information about your health condition if requested to do so
- make administrative requests i.e. letter, medical reports, asking about test results
Using E-conuslt has the benefit that it may save you a trip to the surgery or having to telephone. If you are requesting a consutlation, it will ask you to fill in symptoms, saving the GP and you time on the telephone or you maybe book to see a more appropriate health professional.
The system works by clicking on the banner on the website home page and following the appropriate instructions of the thing you want to contact the surgery about. The information you supply is securely emailed to the surgery's admin email account, so it can then be dealt with appropriatly.
Please see the documents page of the website for more information on using E-consult
The number to call the out of hours GP service has change do 0300 10 20 247
Following Welsh Government advice, we request that all patients coming into the surgery wear a 3 layer face covering when coming to the surgery for appointments. When wearing the face covering, please ensure they are worn over your face and mouth.
If you or someone you know if suggling with their mental health as a result of corona virus pandemic, please visit the self-help and documents page of the website. The documents page also has a resourse to help children cope with stress / anxiety. Mental health is as important as physical health when coping with the current situation.
In order to help us reduce the number of people who need to come into the surgery during the Covid-19 outbreak, please nominate a pharmacy you would like to collect your prescription from and inform the surgery and the phamacy. The pharmacy can then make arrangements to collect the prescription from the surgery.
To ensure that the right care or service is provided to you, the receptionist may ask the reason why you wish to book an appointment when you telephone the surgery or come to the reception desk. It may not always be necessary to have an appointment with a GP.
The questions asked when booking aim to ensure you receive:
Reception staff, like all nurses and GPs are bound by confidentiality rule
- An appointment with the most appropriate heatlh professional
- The most appropriate medical care, at teh most, appropriate time, with the shortest wait
- Any information given by you is treated in strictest confidents
- The Practice takes any breach of confidentiality very seriously and will deal with it accordingly
- You can speak to a receptionist in private, away from reception on request
If you do not wish to discuss the issue, then you do not have to give a reason and we will respect this.
Thank you for your support
Following negotiations with Cardiff and Vale Local Health Board, it has been agreed that the surgery can redraw its boundaries. This is mainly to exclude the new Plas Dwr housing development and thus keep patient numbers to a level that allows us to continue to deliver the current standard of service.
The new Northen and Western boundaries run along the footpath between Danescourt and Radyr Comprehensive School and the pre existing build enviroment of Fairwater and Pentrabane. The Eastern boundary now runs all the way up Clive Road to Pencisly Road, along Pencisly Road to the cross road junction and back up Cardiff Road. Therefore, the following areas are now exluded from our surgery area:
- All new houses on the Plas Dwr development
- Thompson Park area
Currently registered patients living in these area can continue to be registered at the surgery. However, we will not be taking any new registrations from people living in these areas.